A Medication Errors Lawyer Can Help Secure Fair Compensation
Trained medical professionals, such as pharmacists, nurses, and doctors, are held to high standards, as their daily work directly impacts the health of patients. A wrong dosage or the administration of incorrect medication can have a serious, life-threatening effect on your health. In some cases, pharmacy and medication issues can prolong your illness or cause other serious complications. George Kapolchok is a skilled medication errors lawyer in Anchorage, AK, with extensive experience representing clients and their families who have been affected by these types of errors. He can you seek fair compensation to face the future.
Trained medical professionals, such as pharmacists, nurses, and doctors, are held to high standards, as their daily work directly impacts the health of patients.
Types of Pharmacy and Medication Errors
Medication errors can typically be avoided if proper procedures and precautions are followed, and if doctors and pharmacists clearly communicate with one another and the patient. When these protocols are not followed and the medical professional is negligent, a variety of errors may be committed, including:
- Unintentionally prescribing the wrong medication
- Administering the wrong dosage
- The pharmacist misunderstanding the doctor's instructions and giving the patient wrong medication
- Mislabeling drugs
- Failing to inform the patient about the possible side effects of the medication
- Not taking the patient's medical history into account and prescribing a medicine that reacts negatively with existing conditions or allergies
- Prescribing a medication that reacts negatively with other medications that the patient is taking
- The patient mistakenly receiving someone else's medicines
In some cases, errors can be readily apparently and quickly corrected. However, patients and medical professionals may not realize a mistake has been made until serious issues have occurred.
Effects of Pharmacy and Medication Errors
Pharmaceutical and medical errors can have serious consequences for the patient. If you receive the incorrect dosage or type of medicine, your illness is not addressed and can continue to worsen without appropriate treatment. In addition, if you receive incorrect drugs or are prescribed medications that react you react to negatively, you can suffer from dangerous side-effects or allergies. These serious health concerns can lead to additional medical expenses and stress. In extreme cases, it can even lead to the wrongful death of the victim.
Mr. Kapolchok can protect your interests and aggressively pursue your claim, working with qualified expert medical witnesses to build your case and gather the necessary evidence to prove medical negligence.
How Your Medical Malpractice Attorney Can Help
Our firm offers effective and compassionate representation for victims of medication errors. George Kapolchok is a skilled attorney with a proven track record of success. Mr. Kapolchok can protect your interests and aggressively pursue your claim, working with qualified expert medical witnesses to build your case and gather the necessary evidence to prove medical negligence.
At Kapolchok Law Offices, we carefully document all the expenses that victims and their families may have had to bear as a consequence of the medication error. This focus allows us to pursue maximum compensation for your losses, such as:
- Medical and hospital expenses for additional treatment
- Loss of wages
- Reduced earning potential due the consequences of the medication error
- Pain and suffering caused to the patient
- Impact on quality of life if the damage caused is permanent
- Funeral expenses and other pecuniary losses suffered by the family in the event of a wrongful death
With our team on your side, you can face recovery, knowing that you are not alone.
Seek Proven Representation
If you or a loved one has been injured due to a pharmacy or medication error, contact us online or call our firm at (907) 278-8850 to schedule a free consultation. We accept cases are on a contingency basis, which means our fees are deducted only when a settlement is reached or a verdict is given.
Since 1990, George Kapolchok has been serving the community of Anchorage, Soldatna, and the Kenai Peninsula by staying committed to being accessible, establishing credibility, building trust, and demonstrating honesty.